Hodge Podge Kitchen

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Rice ovalets


Hmmmm not a great first blog post, but just testing to see if this works. This is some rice ovalets with left-over chicken thighs a la Macau and frozen peas/carrots. I got the chicken recipe from my mom. The interesting part of that recipe, to me,was the use of satay sauce and white wine. Very flavorful! I'd post the recipe when the lethargy subsides. =) I didn't know that the ovalets in a way release a lot of starch and really thickened up the sauce from the chicken. I needed almost another cup of chicken stock to bring it all together nicely. Iit was a nice meal x4... a little ovalet goes a long way! Very filling.. beware! Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

  • Yay! Your first post! I've been reading up on Macau food lately too, quite a nice mix of east-west flavors.

    By Blogger Winnie, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home