Hodge Podge Kitchen

Monday, November 22, 2004

Pumpkin Pasta



It's hard to believe that it has only been a couple of years ago that I started to eat pumpkin. I never like pumpkin pies before. (I still only eat them if I made it now.) Being Chinese, I didn't eat any pumpkin growing up either. Somewhere along the way though, I learned to like the sweetness of it. So I've been trying to find more ways to incorporate pumpkin in my daily cooking. This is roughly based on a recipe I saw on food network (30 Minutes Meal? I forgot...) I said rough because I'm pretty sure hers did not have Filipino sweet sausage in them. (That's the only sausage I have at the moment!) Here's the ingredient list: canned pumpkin, cooked pasta, a little stock to thin out the pumpkin, onion, sausage, chopped parsley and a little half-and-half. Quite good. I think I might make this again this week with some homemade potato gnocchi stash in my freezer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home