Hodge Podge Kitchen

Monday, July 11, 2005

Chocolate!



I got these pink peppercorn chocolate last week at Tower Market in SF (which I guess now it's technically a Mollie Stone) and I'm totally hooked. The pink peppercorn definitely added a nice spicy, floral flavor to it. The chocolate itself was favorful but not over powering or bitter. I went back on Saturday to get the Earl Grey version of it but I haven't got a chance to try it out yet. (I've been feeling a bit sick the last couple of days.) I'll post updates when I try that one.

4 Comments:

  • Wait. What? Tower Market is no more? No more 80's music to bop to around the aisles whilst picking up one's favorite cream soda? Damn. It certainly was not our neighborhood market, but we used to make special trips to buy Pearson Bros. soda. I liked that place.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 AM  

  • Mollie Stone took over Tower Market last year. But they did keep the same staff and as far as I could tell, no changes at all. Actually, the bags are printed with both Tower Market and Mollie Stone logos.

    By Blogger Winnie, at 6:41 PM  

  • No, No, No! Don't eat the Earl Grey - it's really, really awful. Look - tell you what - I'll kindly dispose of it for you, so you don't have to face it yourself. Just send it over to Potrero Hill please, I'll forward you my address in a tick...


    ;)

    By Blogger Sam, at 10:47 PM  

  • Hi Sam,

    Now, I can't possibly sent you something that's so awful, right? ;)

    (It is really good, can't decide now which one I like better.)

    By Blogger Winnie, at 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home