Hodge Podge Kitchen

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Fourth of July



Is there anything more American than a little barbecuing on Independence Day? I've been pretty much firing up the grill for every occasion this summer so I always want to try something new each time. I know I can experiment because my sister will back me up with good food in case I fail. (and yeah, if you have attended my bbq's, you know my parents do most of the feeding. I have to support my blog-mates though) She made some baby back ribs the Good Eats way and it was great, if a little fatty (not her fault Costco sells Oprah pigs).



Me, I wanted to try some seafood (lots of grilling lately, a little overload on meat). I wanted to keep it easy so I decided clams and shrimps would be a good start. The clams I kept easy, place on the grill until they open up. Serve with a wedge of lemons and I was ready to go. The shrimp I was going to keep simple as well with a quick brine, but at the last minute I decided to toss some flavors in. I minced a large clove of garlic and stirred a tablespoon of olive oil. I than added a tablespoon of lemon juice, a teaspoon of paprika, and a half teaspoon of cayenne peppers. I tossed the shrimps in the oil mixture skewered them up.



The seafood was definitely a nice mix with all the meat. I'm having a luau bbq next, think I'll look into roasting a pig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home