Hodge Podge Kitchen

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Dearest Instant Ramen Noodle,



How do I begin a letter like this? We've had such a long history together. You were my first afterall, first thing I cook for myself way back in elementary school. Since then, you have became my number one comfort food. You were quick, reliable, and always around. And after all these years, you still find ways to surprise me with new flavors. But alas, our time together has come to an end. My pantry no longer have a place for you. It's not you, it's me. You've always been truthful about what you're made of. It just never matter to me until now. I'm the one that changed, my needs are different now. At this point in my life, I needed the real thing, not imitations of something. You see, I figured out that in the same amount of time, I could make a much healthier version of the comforting noodle soup that I've been counting on you for all these years. All I need is to bring some water to boil along with some frozen seafood balls (frozen dumplings are good too). When the water boils, add a small cake of rice noodle, some chopped up vegetables and a tablespoon or so of dashi miso. So farewell, I'm sure you'll still be appreicated by many others for years to come.

5 Comments:

  • You're good to let the ramen down easy. I think you broke its poor noodle heart, though.

    Too funny, Winnie! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 PM  

  • *gasp!!!* I will weep for the poor broken hearted ramen....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 AM  

  • It's not you, it's me. HAHAHAHHAHAHHA, yeah! Nice shootin'.

    My boys will take up the slack for ya.

    Biggles

    By Blogger Guy, at 11:03 AM  

  • i was eating ramen when i read this post. i tried not to let it see for the sake of its feelings.

    By Blogger sisisa, at 11:30 AM  

  • Actually, you all would be relieved to learn that ramen has moved on quite well. I think I saw it with someone else in the store today. =)
    Thanks all for letting me indulge in a bit of silliness...

    By Blogger Winnie, at 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home