Hodge Podge Kitchen

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Dinner for One - Potato Gnocchi



I feel like I needed to document everytime I cook for just myself. Especially since lately, I've been very lazy about cooking dinner in general. Last night's dinner for me was a can of soup. (BTW, can someone explain to me how processed food can be so high in sodium but yet be so tasteless at the same time???) So tonight, I refused to open another can. Okay, so the diced tomatoes are from a can, but that was opened a couple of days ago. The potato gnocchi were from my attempt to use up 10 lbs of potatoes as quickly as possible a few months ago. (I beleive it was like $1 for the whole bag of potatoes.) The gnocchi have been sitting in my freezer way too long since there are only enough to feed one. Luckily, they still cooked up pretty well. I have one pot with water to boil the gnocchi and a pan to cook the tomatoes with a little dried basil and red pepper flakes. When the gnocchi are done, drain and add to the tomato sauce for a couple of minutes. Parmesan cheese shavings topped the gnocchi at the end. I added a fried egg at the end just so I have some sort of protein (and I also just really wanted a fried egg).

4 Comments:

  • Oh an egg. Bravo. It looks tremendous.

    By Blogger Anthony, at 12:09 AM  

  • I know the egg is kind of weird with it. But I really wanted a fried egg last night! =)

    By Blogger Winnie, at 3:47 PM  

  • Have you tried the packaged gnocchi from Trader Joe's?

    By Blogger sisisa, at 12:07 AM  

  • Sisisa,
    I tried it once. It's a little gluey for me... but I might buy it again just because I'm not sure if I'll make it again.

    By Blogger Winnie, at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home