Hodge Podge Kitchen

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Cinco de Mayo



Mexican is one cuisine I have no desires to learn how to cook. When you live so close to so many good and cheap Mexican restaurants, there's really no need to. You see, I lives near Mission St in Daly City, a place where it averages at least one Mexican restaurant on every block. Not to mention that going the other direction on Mission into San Francisco gives me even more options. Since it's Cinco de Mayo (my theory on why this is so much more popular than the actual Mexican Independence Day is because this is easier to remember), we went to a place nearby and got takeouts. (Chris needed to come back to watch the Celtics game!) It's not pretty, but the carnitas nachos was sooo good. The Mexican Coca-Cola goes really well with it too. As good as the nachos was, I do think that I need to go on a diet starting tomorrow...

5 Comments:

  • Mexican coke...in a glass bottle? We are doing that weird sibling thing again. I had nachos today too! weird...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:21 PM  

  • As far as I'm concerned, it's not really Mexican food without either a nice Mexican beer, or a Coke in a glass bottle.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 AM  

  • Hey Winnie,

    Even up here in Richmond we have some decent Mexican places to eat. I still get the urge to cook it though, especially on the smoker or for salsas. Or something cheesy with a tortilla. Oh MAN I found some good local tortillas, they really THICK. Made in San Pablo down on Road 20 somewheres. But I can get them closer to home here. You can put them over an open flame and crisp up the outside, the inside is all corny and moist. Way too nice. Same store has fresh tomales too ...

    By Blogger Guy, at 8:55 PM  

  • Alan-
    Since when did this weird sibling thing started?? I guess we don't check with each other on what we eat very often....

    Phil-
    I'm not much of a beer girl, but I think start getting a coke with my tacos from now on. It tastes so much better than the syrupy stuff here.

    DrBiggle-
    You're not referring to Casa Chico, are you? That's the only tortilla factory place on 23rd in Richmond that I know of. Haven't actually been there, they were one of my account at work. I'm going to have to check it out when I visit my parent (or Alan) next time.

    By Blogger Winnie, at 11:26 PM  

  • Hey Winnie,

    It wasn't Chico, I can't remember the name on the bag. I do remember the address was on Road 20 though.
    Hey, it's Saturday! Mr. Tamale Man should be coming by sometime with fresh tomales. yay for pork!

    By Blogger Guy, at 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home