Hodge Podge Kitchen

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Southeast Asian Style Beef Salad



A few weeks ago we had dinner at Bambudda Lounge in San Francisco with some friends. Chris and I were not that impressed with the food. The five-spice duck with coconut pancakes appetizer was good, but that's about it. I'm guessing it's more for people looking for a trendy, cool atmosphere rather than really good food. So I was not surprise at all that the restaurant didn't make it to the Chronicle's Top 100 Restaurant List this year. Anyways, the day after that dinner, I had a craving for something with that southeast asian sweet-sour-salty-spicy taste that I was craving from the night before. Since Chris wasn't there for lunch with me, I made myself a beef salad. (It's a little bit of a hassle to cook something else for him when I want beef since he doesn't eat red meat.)
Southeast Asian Style Beef Salad
Cut a small piece of beef (I don't remember what cut) into thin strips and marinate with a little soy sauce, oil, and brown sugar. While the beef is marinating, I shredded some cabbage and carrot. For the sauce, I mixed a little fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar and sweet chili sauce. Stir-fry the beef in a hot skillet on high until just cooked. Add to the cabbage mixture and pour the dressing over it. I also topped it off with some fried shallots and garlic (premade). It definitely satisfied me more than dinner from the previous night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home