Hodge Podge Kitchen

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Summer Baking Season



We seems to get invited to more and more BBQs every year. Our usual contribution is dessert. Being that I'm not a very good baker (too much measuring/precision involved), it's usually Chris' turn in the kitchen. Oh, I make the occasional cookies or pies every now and then. But it really give us (well, Chris) a reason to try something different. I mean, even if it doesn't turn out very good, there's a bunch of people to help you finish it, right? On Father's Day, he made this lovely S'more cake with a graham cake, marshmellow cream and a chocolate ganache filling. I think the chocolate ganache really made the cake, even if it is really strong. It was good, but I'm glad there's other people to share with. There was no way the two of us could eat this by ourselves. We are already thinking next time we should try using a small torch to "toast" the marshmellow cream a little outside to enhance the whole s'more thing more. He also made brownies for the Memorial Day BBQ we were invited to last month.

Both recipes are from In The Sweet Kitchen: The Definitive Baker's Companion by Regan Daley. Chris actually got this book for me, but I think he cooks out of it a lot more than me. Not that I'm complaining at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home