Hodge Podge Kitchen

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Salmon in Puff Pastry


So far, taking care of an infant still allows me some time to make dinner on most days. Anything that requires constant attention is definitely out, but that doesn't mean I could play with my food. In an effort to clean out my refrigerator a little, I decided that it's time to use up the piece of puff pastry and a little of the sun-dried tomato pesto hanging around in there. I had imagine the salmon be totally wrap by the puff pastry with the pesto spread on both sides of the salmon. but the pastry was a little small and really, rolling out dough with the baby in a sling is not what I have in mind as fun. So I left it open. But it was quick and only takes 20 minutes at 350F. Served with a side of saute kale, carrots, and onion makes for a pretty tasty dinner.

3 Comments:

  • This looks very pretty and delicious. I no longer have a baby appendage (my youngest of 6 is now 12) but I think your version is really very pretty!

    By Blogger Deborah Dowd, at 6:56 PM  

  • Hi Winnie,


    I am writing to inform you about Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale, a national campaign that mobilizes Americans to help end childhood hunger by having a bake sale in their community. Now in its’ fourth year, over 1 million people have participated in the campaign to aid the 12 million children in America who are at risk of hunger. The campaign, which runs through August, was recently promoted by celebrity chef Rachael Ray on ABC.

    Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale offers a unique way for you to connect with your readers about the severity of childhood hunger in America while providing them with a simple and fun way of how they can fight it. Perhaps you can include information about the campaign in a section of this blog?

    I was unable to find an email in which to contact you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, and I can provide you more information about the campaign.

    Thank you,

    Mercedes
    Share Our Strength
    mbent@strength.org
    (800) 761- 4227

    By Blogger Mercedes, at 1:50 PM  

  • This is gorgeous! Check out our salmon recipe contest (this recipe would be perfect for it!) at MarxFoods.com. The grand prize is 15 Pounds of Wild Salmon in three separate 5-lb. shipments.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home