Hodge Podge Kitchen

Friday, November 24, 2006

Post Thanksgiving Notes

- The good thing about only being responsible for dessert is that I could only concentrate on one thing. (Pies!!) Since I'm really not much of a baker, it takes quite a bit a patience out of me. Four pies (two calzela, sour cream apple, blueberry & peach custard pie) and and a batch of cookies (pumpkin chocolate chips) later, I think I'll pass over the duty to Chris on Christmas.

- Being married means you have to figure out where to go for each holidays. My parents are usually okay with celebrating a day late to accomodate my brother and I to visit our in-laws. This year, my dad (the cook of the family) decided that since we all had turkey the day before, he will skip it. What will we be having this year? Chinese roast chicken, roast duck, roast beef, ham, baked pork chops and rice with tomato sauce, and crabs. We are all hoping there will be some vegetables in that menu somewhere...

- The thing about not cooking the Thankgiving dinner is that I have no leftover. And all the shows on Food network is all about leftover! I'm ready to go get a turkey just so I'll have leftover to play with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home