Hodge Podge Kitchen

Monday, February 07, 2005

Make Ahead Meal



There are weekends when I actually have time to cook a couple things to keep for the work week ahead. Those weekends are getting to be quite rare lately. I did manage to make a black bean and corn salad for this week. I guess it's not really cooking, more like throwing stuff together. But since I seem to have caught the latest round of flu that's going around the office, I am definitely glad there's something healthy in the fridge I could just grab and take for lunch.

Black Bean and Corn Salad
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 small bag of frozen sweet corn, thawed
1 roma tomato, seeded and diced
1/2 small red onion, diced
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
1/4 small jacama, diced
3 tbs chopped cilantro
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1 tbs dried ranch seasoning

Mix all ingredients together and chill for at least an hour or overnight. It will last in the refrigerator for a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home