Hodge Podge Kitchen

Monday, February 14, 2005

Music in My Kitchen

I got tagged by Derrick at An Obsession With Food to participate in this little meme. While I'm still confuse about the actual definition of a meme, I'm happy to join in the fun. So here goes...


What is the total number of music files on your computer?

  • None at all on my ibook. I stream everything from the desktop or use my iPod. The whole library on the desktop has 7834 songs, 28.48GB. I don't know if the ratio between the CDs Chris and I own are 1:1, never paid any attentions to that part before. I do know that I have enough to warrant the check with my library list before buying anything from iTune.


  • What is the last CD you bought?

  • Brian McKnight's Gemini. One of the few artist that I will just buy the album before listening to any songs on it.


  • What is the last song you listened to before reading this message?

  • Well, I was listening to my iPod when I read the email at work. I made note of it and it was Toshi Kobuta's Nothing but Your Love.


  • Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

  • 1. "Illusion 幻影" by Alan Tam 譚詠麟 from his "Fog of Love 霧之戀" album. It was the first album I've ever own. I got the tape (yes TAPE!) before I moved from Hong Kong to US way back in 1984. I might still have it at my parents' house. I even have a music box that plays the song.

  • 2. "A Game, A Dream 一場遊戲一場夢" by Dave Wong 王傑. I have no idea how to translate the title of this song to make it sound decent. So you will just have to take my words for the fact that it sounds better in Chinese. The first (and only) guy I had a crush on shared my interest in this singer. I can't remember what that guy looked like anymore (it was back in high school), but I remember the songs...

  • 3. "Untitled (How Does It Feel)" by D'Angelo from the Voodoo album. In my opinion one of the sexiest song recorded. Ok, I admit that the first time I heard the song was when I saw the video. So I don't know how much does his naked body have on my opinion.

  • 4. "You Got Me" by the Roots from the Things Fall Apart album. I never considered myself an a hip hop fan. There would be some stuff I like, but not until this song that I would actually listen to a hip hop album by myself.

  • 5. I'm going to cheat here and say anything from Boyz II Men or Babyface. The first offical date Chris and I had was at their concert. Ten years later on that anniversary, we got married. =)


  • Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

  • I'm going to cheat and pass this on to my brother Alan who somtimes blogs here so I don't know if he'll post here or his own blog. And I'm also going to tag sisisa cause maybe she might finally post something here! Finally, I'm tagging PekingDuck cause even though he don't have a food blog, at least his name qualifies.

  • 1 Comments:

    • less music...more paella....

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home