Hodge Podge Kitchen

Monday, September 19, 2005

Zucchini Bread

What do you do with mutant zucchinis?

Big Zucchini

You make zucchini bread!

I once knew a girl that told me that she made the best zucchini bread. I was young and didn't know any better so I thought that zucchini bread was kind of a weird concept. Anyway I never sampled this infamous zucchini bread and had been curious ever since...

At work one day I happened upon a box of mutant cooking squashes in the break room, courtesy of the senior partner of the law firm where I work. I took one home with no plans for it until I thought back to those stories of delicious zucchini bread, so I set out to make my own....

The usual drill: simple as possible. Zucchini bread apparently has nuts usually and occasionally raisins. I had neither of those on hand so I made mine "pure". It was moist, it was sweet, it had a bit of zucchini-esque. My sister says there is a savory version as well, so maybe if she can pass the recipe along I will give it a try....I still have a half of that mutant left....

(Note: Also appreciated the fact that I now know how to spell zucchini. Spelling Bee Championship here I come!)

Zucchini Bread

1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 cups of flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups finely grated zucchini

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine sugars, oil, and eggs and mix. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add wet to dry and mix until moisten. Divide mixture into 2 lightly greased loaf pans. Bake for about 60 mins or until done.

Zucchini Bread

1 Comments:

  • Well actually Alan, my recipe was Zucchini Carrot Bread, but yours sounds good too.

    Girl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home