Hodge Podge Kitchen

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Ingredient: Garlic Chives



Garlic chives is one of those herb that we cook as vegetable as well. If you haven't had it before, be sure to take a snift of it before and see if you like the smell. I remember one time an older Chinese man had it with him on a bus, A LOT pf people had to stay away until he got off. A common use for the garlic chives is in dumplings. The other dish I'm used to is a stir-fry of garlic chives and pig's blood. Now, even through I do still eats it occasionally, the thought of actually buying a tub of blood and figuring out what to do with it is a little too much for me to tackle. Therefore, I used chicken and oyster mushrooms instead and simply flavored it with oyster sauce. It was quite good. The garlic chives became quite mild. I think I do need to trim off more of the chives, it could be quite tough and stringy. And just in case, I did make sure to have something else to bring for lunch at work the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home