Hodge Podge Kitchen

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Dinner for One



Cooking for myself is so difficult sometimes. When Chris is not having dinner with me, I'm just too lazy to make a whole lot of efforts. A couple of weeks ago, I ended up just steaming a bit of tofu (topped it with sweet soy sauce, green onion, cilantro, and xo sauce), frozen seaweed salad (defrosted of course), and miso soup (miso paste w/ dashi extract mixed with hot water and green onion). I quite enjoyed this meal, but it's not something I would make if someone else is eating with me. Perhaps because I have to admit myself it was a bit a of strange dinner. I made more of an effort tonight though. I decided to list all the dinner for the week Monday, not knowing that Chris will have to go to work tonight. Since I already have all the ingredients ready, I stuck to the plan. I'm glad I did though.

The pork chop was marinated with grated ginger, mirin, soy sauce and rice wine. I think it would benefit with some brown sugar next time. Rice was leftover from Monday, made into fried rice with pineapple. The strange purple things in the background is a purple cauliflower I picked up at the store because it was 2 for $1. It tastes the same as the regular white cauliflower, just have the color of a red cabbage!

1 Comments:

  • MMMmmm... this blog makes me hungry :(
    I found your site through blogger.com and noticed your didn't have a logo, check out my blog, I'll do you a free one if you want http://freelogo.blogspot.com

    cheers,

    Franco

    By Blogger Franco, at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home