Hodge Podge Kitchen

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Sunday Breakfast



It's nice to be at home on Sunday. It doesn't happen often enough, since we end up having dim sum with my parents a lot of times. But when I am at home, I like to make a nice breakfast. This is my twist on toast and egg. The idea came from a magazine I was flipping though. (I'll let you know which one as soon as I find the article.) I rolled a piece of bread until it is flat and condensed (I don't want the egg to soak through too much). The bowl shape is achieved by putting it in a muffin tin or custard cup. Spray a little cooking spray on the bread. Crack an egg in it (add salt and pepper!) and bake at 350F for around 30 minutes. While the egg is baking, I cook the potatoes and sausages. That's it! Not very difficult at all and it sure looks pretty. Here's another version with corn tortilla instead of bread that was actually made according to that magazine article.

1 Comments:

  • That looks yummy. Maybe I'll try making it one day after finals are over.

    By Blogger sisisa, at 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home